CASUAL CLEANER POSITIONS (ON CALL AND TEMPORARY)
PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME
External application SCFP2021-01
The Viamonde School Board is a French-language secular school board that welcomes more than 13,000 students in its 56 elementary and secondary schools known for their inclusive and welcoming character. There are more than 3000 people working at Viamonde, including 1129 teachers. Partner in the development of the Francophone community of southwestern Ontario, the Board’s territory stretches from west to east from Windsor to Trenton and from North to South from Penetanguishene to the Niagara region via Toronto and London.
Primary place of work: on call, replacements in different Viamonde schools
South West Region: London, Windsor, Waterloo, Guelph, Sarnia
North Region: Barrie, Borden, Orangeville, Penetanguishene
South Region: Welland, St-Catharines, Niagara Falls, Oakville, Hamilton, Burlington
Center Region: Toronto, Kleinburg, Oshawa, Richmond Hill, Brampton, Mississauga, Bowmanville
Hourly rate: 17,11 $ (probation), 18,06 $ (after probation)
Working conditions are governed by the CUPE collective agreement in force. The work schedule is established by the employer and can be adjusted according to the employer’s needs. The bargaining unit member receives a minimum of two (2) weeks notice of any change in his or her work schedule
Reporting to the head custodian and the school principle, the chosen person will be responsible for performing cleaning, maintenance and repair tasks as well as ensuring the building and the field security.
Requirements and qualifications :
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in maintenance or cleaning
- Excellent knowledge of cleaning products, equipment, and related operating procedures
- Have received training on the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Meet the physical requirements of the job (lifting a weight of up to 15 kg or handling objects weighing up to 35 kg, performing work at arm’s length or squatting, operating commercial cleaning maintenance equipment, etc.) – the Council reserves the right to require a medical certificate
- Be punctual, precise, and efficient
- Have a spirit of collaboration
- Good level of knowledge in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to complete requisition and other related forms in both official languages is preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to apply online through the following email address, making sure to attach a cover letter, a copy of their recent curriculum vitae and the application number SCFP2021-01. We thank all applicants, but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Under Ontario By-Laws 521/01 and 170/02, any person employed by the Board must provide a statement of their criminal history before taking up their duties.
Under Ontario Regulation 191/11, accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
As the Board subscribes to the principles of equity in employment and encourages requests from women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and people with disabilities, those who wish, are invited to identify themselves as being members of these designated groups.
The Viamonde School Board promotes diversity and inclusion in its workplace
All candidates must have legal status allowing them to work in Canada before applying.